Health and fitness has always intrigued Meghan. Growing up she danced and played soccer. In high school, while working at Gold’s Gym, she fell in love with fitness, often spending 2+ hours, 6 days a week lifting weights and doing cardio. In 2010 she began coaching and competing in CrossFit.
Meghan also has a passion for business, she earned her bachelor’s degree in Business Management with a concentration in Entrepreneurship. She went on to be a Product Marketing Manager for a publicly-traded healthcare IT company, where she worked closely with small business owners reselling the software. Later she opened a retail showroom for Lululemon as their Store Manager.
With this background, Meghan also became the manager and head coach of her CrossFit gym. Feeling inadequate when it came to the science of personalized coaching, she enrolled in the OPEX Coaching Certificate Program (CCP). After regionals 2012, James asked her to move to Arizona as an onsite athlete and offered her a job.
When Meghan arrived, only three people worked for OPT (now OPEX). Working with James as a coach and athlete, she knew more coaches needed CCP and offered her skills in marketing. She launched the first coach’s toolkit download and interest in CCP grew, and from that point forward she began advising coaches on OPEX Education. After competing in 5 regionals and the 2015 CrossFit Games, she retired as an OPEX athlete and now fully dedicates her time getting OPEX Education into the hands of every coach and gym owner on the planet.
- Ultimate Training Session: Volume, 2-3 hours. Volume of resistance training + mixed map 7 with low rest or long slow hike in the sun
- Favorite Nourishing Meal: Anything seasonal and locally grown with fish
- Favorite Outdoor Activity: Tough call between relaxing at the ocean or lake, or hiking/walking in nature
- Coffee Order: Herbal tea, please. I rarely drink coffee, but when I do it's a non-dairy latte
- 10 Minute Airbike Score: Prefer to keep my testers under 3 minutes! It’s probably been 4 year since I’ve done it - 125ish?